The King of Watch Brands
Did you know that of the Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands, Rolex is the only brand that is solely dedicated to luxury watchmaking? According to BusinessWeek magazine, publisher of this annual ranking for many many years now, the total brand value of Rolex is $4.6 Billion, down just slightly from its 2008 assessed brand value of $4.9 billion. This puts Rolex at #68, up 3 spots vs. last year (#71).
As noted, Rolex is the only brand solely dedicated to luxury watches on the list. Other brands that make some nice watches but are primarily focused on lother luxury goods are also on the list, including:
- Louis Vuitton – #16, Brand value $21 billion
- Gucci – #41, Brand Value $8.2 billion
- Chanel – #59, Brand Value $6.0 billion
- Hermes – #60, Brand Value $4.6 billion
- Tiffany & Co – #76, Brand Value $4.0 billion
- Cartier – #77, Brand Value $4.0 billion
- Burberry – #98, Brand Value $ 3.1 billion
- Polo Ralph Lauren – #99, Brand Value $3.1 billion
It is always an interesting list to review!