by Kyle Stults on January 29, 2009
TheTimeTV, the first the first themed 24/7 television channel for watchmaking enthusiasts and professionals, and Perpetuelle.com, a new online community for watch owners, collectors & enthusiasts, are proud to announce a new collaboration which will advance the online luxury watch experience to new heights.
With this collaboration, TheTimeTV’s high quality, sophisticated watch videos will be broadcast on Perpetuelle.com’s World Watch Forum. Through this harmonious partnership, TheTimeTV and Perpetuelle.com are able to offer an entertaining and engaging media format for watch owners, collectors, and enthusiasts, while simultaneously allowing watch brands to gain a deeper understanding of the unique interests and desires of this audience.
“Perpetuelle.com, with its unique social media platform and one-of-a-kind watch forums, is pleased to partner with TheTimeTV.com, the undisputed leader in online television for watchmaking enthusiasts and professionals,” stated Kyle Stults, Founder & President of Perpetuelle.com. “The combination of TheTimeTV.com’s innovative video content and Perpetuelle.com’s interactive watch forums will greatly benefit both watch brands and watch enthusiasts by bringing them together. Perpetuelle.com looks forward to elevating the online watch experience to an unprecedented level in collaboration with TheTimeTV.”
Aymeric Dejardin-Verkinder, Managing Director of Neo Channels (TheTimeTV) reiterated: “We are very happy and excited with this new collaboration with Perpetuelle.com. Perpetuelle.com has proven to be very passionate about this project, and we believe that potential of Perpetuelle.com to grow into one of the leading watch-related forums is definitely there. At the same time, this partnership will allow TheTimeTV to gain an in-depth look into the minds of the watch lovers, thus helping us to further improve the value and relevance of TheTimeTV’s innovative and unique content.”
by Kyle Stults on January 27, 2009
It appears that the economic slowdown is not affecting all brands equally – as would be expected! But one manufacturer/brand, Romain Jerome, seems intent on making a bold statement with its latest piece, the “Crisis Tourbillon” – that it is in fact defying the economic crisis outright!
With the release of the Crisis Tourbillon, Romain Jerome also seems to send a metaphorical message that the crisis only affects those who would let it affect them it’s latest press release noting that the Chinese ideogram for crisis, Wei Ji, comprises two parts: “Wei” meaning “danger” and “Ji” meaning “opportunity”.
Featuring the Yen, Euro, Pound and Dollar
a unique piece (quantity of 1), with a “crisis defying”
price tag of 197,000 CHF ($175,000 US)
More than just lip service, Romain Jerome has released its sales and profitability figures for 2008 and the first month of 2009 to back it all up:
- 2008 Total sales of CHF 25 million, three times initial objectives for 2008 and six times total sales for 2007
- Ratio EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)/Turnover exceeds 20%
- 2009 January sales: year-on-year increase of 400%
Following the 2006 appointment of Yvan Arpa as Managing Director of Romain Jerome, the company has released some very unique and head-turning collections – the Titanic-DNA (2007), and Moon Dust-DNA (2008), and now the one-of-a-kind Crisis Tourbillon.
I admire this company’s bravado!
by Kyle Stults on January 23, 2009
- Richemont - recently reported its Q3 results – the watch segment (26% of Richemont sales) showing -5% growth vs. Q3’08, but are still +6% on a year-to-date basis (9 mos.)
- In its quarterly report Richemont stated “Demand for luxury goods…has fallen dramatically”; “Richemon is currently facing the toughest market conditions since its formation 20 years ago”; “…we see no cause for optimism” and “We must assume that there will be no significant recovery in the foreseeable future.”
- Swatch – analysts forecast +3% organic sales for the second half of 08
- Eric Clapton Selling His Ultra-Rare Platinum Patek Philippe Ref 2499
- Special Report: Richemont, Swatch To Acquire Top Level Internet Domains
- Time Bandits: "Howard Hughes" Patek Philippe Saga Resurrected
- Closing Details on the "Howard Hughes" Patek Philippe
- "Howard Hughes" Patek Philippe Ref 1463 Sells Amid Controversy
- The Curious Case of the "Howard Hughes" Patek Philippe Ref 1463, Continued
- The Curious Case of the "Howard Hughes" Patek Philippe Ref 1463
- Howard Hughes Patek Philippe Ref. 1463 Up At Auction
- Elvis Presley Omega Constellation Sells For Record $42,000
- Auction Watch: Harry Houdini's Gold Pocket Watch
- World Record Rolex Price Set by Rolex Ref. 4113 Chronograph
- The Rolex Deep Sea Special - An Exclusive Report
- Narco Bling: The Watches of Mexican Drug Kingpins